Free Weekly Calls
Rick Burdo Here!
A Proud American
would like to Say,
To All Our Veterans.
God Bless USA.
Internet Marketing Tools – Buying a Domain Name Checklist
It is quick and easy to buy a domain name if you know the steps involved. I think checklists are great internet marketing tools, so here is my quick 21 step checklist to buying a domain name.
In this checklist I suggest buying your domains from GoDaddy, but you can buy a domain name from a variety of registrars. If you choose to use a different registrar, some of the steps might look a little different, but the basic process will be the same.
- Brainstorm some domain names
- Search for your favorite domain name on GoDaddy and see if it’s available. If not, try another domain name on your list.
- Be sure to purchase a “.com” domain name so that it’s easy for people to find.
- Scroll down page and avoid the upsell options. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click, “No thanks, continue to checkout.”
- Complete your domain registration information if this is your first time purchasing a domain name, or log-in to your existing account. (If creating a new account, the appropriate button is already checked for you.)
- On the next screen, verify that the information you entered is correct. Then, click “Continue.”
- Select the number of years you want to buy the domain name for, from 1 to 10 years. I suggest either one or two to start.
- Decide whether you want GoDaddy to debit your PayPal account or credit card and whether you want it to renew your domain automatically or if you’d like to do it yourself when the time comes. Click on “Quick Checkout.”
- Review your shopping cart and verify all the information.
- Select your payment option.
- Read the Registration Agreement and the Terms of Service. Click those boxes, showing that you have read them, and then, click “Checkout Now.”
- Fill in your payment details (PayPal password or credit card information)
- Click to go back to GoDaddy.
- Verify your payment information and then, click on “Continue with Check Out.”
- Fill in your personal information (Name, address, etc.)
- Fill in box 2 with a new account password, if you’ve created a new account.
- Boxes 3 and 4 are self-explanatory. Click “Continue with Checkout.”
- Verify the information and click “Checkout Now.”
- Type in the code at the Secure Checkout page and enter it by clicking “Next.”
- Print your thank you page or copy your customer number, log-in, and password. You’ll also receive this information in email.
That’s it! In 21 simple steps you have bought your domain name. Print out this checklist and keep it handy with your other internet marketing tools for your future reference.
The ListBuilding Club is the premier source of list building information online. Join Tellman and the Overcome Everything team as they teach thousands of people how to have successful home based internet marketing businesses. For more internet marketing tools, tips and strategies for your business, please visit http://ListSpeed.com/.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tellman_Knudson
Tellman Knudson, CEO of OvercomeEverything, Inc., is a master list builder and well-known for his List Building Club. Tellman teaches students how to build a successful online business. Create your successful business from his step-by-step videos at: http://www.sendaemailaday.com/lbc
To Your Success
(Send a email aday to help out Our Veterans everyday)