Rick Burdo Here!
A Proud American
would like to Say,
To All Our Veterans.
God Bless USA.
7 Easy Steps to On-Page Optimization
SEO (search engine optimization) often frightens new marketers. They see it as complicated and difficult, and so many of them neglect to consider the implications of performing a few simple steps that anyone can do to help their pages in the results.
Search traffic is the best type of traffic for many reasons. First, it’s targeted. People who type a query into a search box are looking for something specific. Second, it’s on-going. You only need to update your pages regularly to keep the search engine robots, called “spiders” interested in coming back to check out your site. And third, the traffic you get is 100% free. Why wouldn’t you want to be sure to get some of it?
Here are 7 simple steps you can take to make your web pages more SEO friendly:
- Do some keyword research. Don’t be lazy about it. Just type in a simple term for your niche, then look down the list of results. Find terms that apply to what you’re doing and that have between about 3,000 and 10,000 searches per month. These are terms you can probably rank for, and as you’re online longer and longer and building backlinks to your site, you’ll be able to compete for the more competitive terms. Start with the easy ones to get your search traffic flowing. Choose three to five good keyword phrases that describe your business.
- Create a keyword-rich title tag. Go into the HTML or source code for your page, and in the section, and if there is none already, create a title tag that reads: . If a title tag is already there, just overwrite whatever is between those “title” tags. Always use your main keyword phrase first in your title. It can also be a short blurb designed to get people to click. But whatever you use, just be sure that your most important keyword shows up first.
- Create a keyword-rich description. If there is no description META tag, you’ll need to create one of those, too. It should look like this (replace all [ with >): [meta name=”Description” content=”A natural description of your website, using your primary keyword first, and the second and third as you’re able.” ]
- Create a keyword-rich headline. Use an [h1] tag for your headline and be sure to put your main keyword into it early on.
- Use your keyword phrases in the copy of your page. Don’t try to force the words into your copy. Just keep them in mind while writing and you’ll probably do well. Density of your keywords when compared to the number of words on the page should be rather low, probably around 2%. When you get much higher, over the 2.5 – 3% or more range, the spiders could see it as keyword spamming, and you don’t want that. Write with your readers in mind, and you’ll probably have just the amount of keywords and phrases that you want
- Use italics and bold for keywords. Make your keywords prominent whenever possible. Use [h2] tags and such that spiders will view as being “more important,” and help them to decide what your page is about.
- Be sure to have administrative information. Spiders also look for privacy policies, terms of service, and earnings or other disclaimers. Be sure yours are up to snuff.
If you do these things, you are much more likely to get ranked for the keywords you choose to target in step one. But this is really only the first baby steps for SEO. If you really want to learn all about getting into the search results, lead generation tactics, or just how to create a web page that pulls in tons of visitors, we can show you how it’s done in step-by-step video. We have customers on every level from raw beginner to already successful business owner, and provide appropriate training for all. Visit us at http://ListFormula.com and see what we can do for you!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tellman_Knudson
Tellman Knudson, CEO of OvercomeEverything, Inc., is a master list builder and well-known for his List Building Club. Tellman teaches students how to build a successful online business. Create your successful business from his step-by-step videos at: http://www.sendaemailaday.com/lbc
To Your Success
(Send a email aday to help out Our Veterans everyday)